A well-begun task is half done. For a good beginning, you need planning. Planning a trip to Nepal involves questions like :
1. When to travel Nepal?
There are two best seasons to visit Nepal. They are post-monsoon season, i.e. mid – September to mid – November and Spring season, i.e. from mid- February to May. Both seasons have beautiful weather with ideal conditions for trekking and sightseeing. In spring the skies will be clear, and the mountain valleys will be colourful with blossoming rhododendron flowers.
Also Read : 20 Best Things to do in Nepal
Recommended Tours :
- 6 Days Luxury Nepal Tour
- 9 Days Nepal Adventure Tour
- 10 Days Luxury Nepal Tour
- 10 Days India and Nepal Tour
2. What items you should pack for Nepal?
As the temperature varies significantly over day and night, warm garments are the first thing you pack.
- Considering the electrical outages in Nepal, taking a power bank or another battery backup is a good thing to keep your electronic devices awake. Include a torch too.
- Pack some medicines for safety as you will be travelling a lot. If needed, take some trekking equipment too, or else you can purchase it there.
- Do not worry about the luggage; you can leave it in your hotel.
Also Read : 12 Must Visit Places in Nepal
3. How to Reach Nepal?
There are two ways to reach Nepal.
1) By flight: There is only one international airport in Nepal, located in the capital city Kathmandu. This way is the most comfortable and time-saving way to reach Nepal.
2) By Landroute: You can drive overland from Tibet to Nepal. Though time taking, you can enjoy the natural beauty all along the way.
After reaching, the biggest question in front of you is Which places you have to visit? As Nepal has many sites to be visited, the tours will usually be lengthy.
Also Read : Best Wholesale Tour Operator In Nepal
Nepal has three geographical regions with great diversity.
- Himalayan region – This mountainous area is full of trekking routes, and a must-visit for adventure lovers.
- The central hilly region – This diversified area has valleys, rivers for rafting and beautiful lakes and various ethnic groups.
- The Terai region – This vast flat area is full of dense forests and National parks and must-visit for wildlife lovers.
As there different kinds of places in Nepal which lets you have a wide range of activities, Let’s classify the sites based on the type of activities they offer. Most of the tours start from Kathmandu as it is well connected by transport and has all the facilities. You can hire a tourist guide but be careful about corrupt organizations.
Also Read : How to spend Winter Holidays in Nepal?
4. What to Do in Nepal?
1. Trekking and Hiking
- Everest Base camp Trek
- Annapurna Base camp Trek
- Hike around Kathmandu valley
- Hike around Pokhara valley
- Fly over the Everest in a Helicopter
- Bungee Jumping in Kathmandu and Paragliding and rafting in Pokhara
Also Read : 5 Most Famous Treks in Nepal
2. Nature and Wildlife Sites
- Chitwan National park
- Bardia National park
- Sagarmatha National park
- Rara National park
- You can even go for a jungle safari in some of them
- Go for boating in the beautiful lakes of Pokhara
- Photography lovers can explore the towns like Bandipur
3. Spiritual travelers
- Visit the world heritage centre Lumbini and the Maya Devi temple there.
- Buddhist monasteries and museums in Lumbini.
- The ancient Hindu and Buddhist temples in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
4. History and Cultural travelers
Nepal has a unique blend of Hindu-Buddhist culture. You can visit :
- Visit the 7 UNESCO world heritage sites.
- The 55 window palace in Janakpur
- 3. Historic towns like Patan and Bhaktapur, Gorkha.
Also Read : Top 6 Reasons to Visit Nepal